- Set the scene by asking children what they can see in the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
(Picture 1 – pointing to Nanny) Who’s this? Look! Nanny’s magic!
(Picture 3 – pointing to Chuckles) Who’s this? etc
- Next, mime and say: Listen and look. Play the cassette/CD. Children listen and look at the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
Nanny: Hello, I’m Nanny Shine!
Mummy: Hello, Nanny Shine,
Daddy: Please, come in
Nanny: Hello, my name’s Nanny Shine, What’s your name?
Larry: Hello! I’m Larry, This is Lulu,
Nanny: Hello, Larry! Hello, Lulu!
Lulu: Nanny! This is Chuckles!
Nanny: Oh! Goodbye, Chuckles!
- Explain the task. Point to the third picture and ask (looking puzzled): Who’s missing? Let’s listen, Play the cassette/CD. Children listen and draw. Allow children some time to complete the task. Check children’s answer. (Chuckles)
- Play the dialogue again with pauses for children to listen and repeat. Check children’s pronunciation and intonation.
Extension: Hold up your book to the class. Say the dialogue and point to the pictures in turn. Repeat, this time inviting children to complete your sentences.
Teacher: Hello, I’m Nanny…
Children: Shine, etc
Ending the lesson
- (An activity to revise the words of Unit 1a.)
Pin up the character flashcards. Say and wave: Goodbye, Larry; Goodbye, Lulu; Goodbye, Nanny Shine; Goodbye, Chuckles, Children repeat after you. Address a child and ask: What’s your name? The child responds. Then the rest of the class says goodbye. Repeat the procedure with the rest of the class. Demonstrate this yourself first.
Teacher: What’s your name?
Alex: My name’s Alex.
Class: Goodbye, Alex.
Alex: (leaves the room)
Открыть всю книгу