Aims To express likes and dislikes.
Pupil Language: Eat – drink – ice cream – play – sand – seaside – I like … – I don’t like … – Drink your … .
Teacher Language: Does Sumeet like …?
Extra Materials: Flashcards (Units 13 and 14) – Flashcards and picture cards (eat, drink, ice cream, play, sand, seaside).
Beginning the lesson
- Wait by the door and greet the children as they arrive.
- (An activity to revise the vocabulary from Units 13 and 14.)
Pin up the food flashcards from Units 13 and 14. Draw a happy face and a sad face on the board. Invite children to come to the front and put an item under each face and say: e.g. I like bananas. I don’t like eggs.
- Song: Play the song Sing a song of sandwiches … from Unit 14. Invite children to sing along.
Presentation & Practice
- Flashcards (eat, drink, ice cream, play, sand, seaside)
(Activities to present and practise the vocabulary of the lesson.)
Pin up the flashcards, one at a time, and say the appropriate words. Children repeat, chorally and individually. Ask children to take out their picture cards (eat, drink, ice cream, play, sand, seaside). Call out the items in random order. Children listen and hold up the corresponding picture card.
- Draw a large 76 on the board. Point to it, mime and say: Open your books at page seventy-six!