- (A listening comprehension activity to familiarise children with spoken English.)
Set the scene by asking children what they can see in the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
(Picture 1 – pointing to Larry and Lulu) Where are they?
(Picture 2 – pointing to orange juice) What’s this? etc
- Next, mime and say: Listen and look. Play the cassette/CD. Children listen and look at the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
Lulu: Oooh! I like the seaside!
Larry: Come on, Lulu! Let’s play in the sand!
Nanny: Food’s ready! Come on children! Eat your sandwiches! Drink your orange juice!
Larry & Lulu: Mmm! Yummy!
Lulu: Chuckles! Be careful!
Larry: Oh, no! Now we’ve got sand sandwiches!
Nanny: Don’t worry, children! Look! Ice cream!
Lulu: Yummy! I love ice cream!
Larry: Come on! Let’s get some ice cream!
- Explain the listening task. Children listen and circle the correct picture. Point to the pictures of orange juice and sandwiches, milk and apples. Elicit the items and ask (looking puzzled): What does Nanny say? Eat your …? Drink your …? Let ’s Listen.
- Play the cassette/CD and children listen to the dialogues again. Point to the pictures of the food items again and repeat the questions. Invite children to give you the correct answer and check that they have circled the correct picture. (sandwiches and orange juice)
- Play the dialogue again with pauses for children to listen and repeat. Check children’s pronunciation and intonation.
- Extension: Hold up your book to the class. Say the dialogue and point to the pictures in turn. Repeat, this time inviting children to complete your sentences.
Teacher: Oooh! I like the …
Children: seaside. etc
Ending the lesson
- (An activity to revise the words from Unit 15a.)
Make correct and incorrect statements
Eat your milk! Invite children to respond accordingly,
No! Drink your milk! Invite a child to come to the front and take the teacher’s role.
Открыть всю книгу