- (listening comprehension activities)
Set the scene by asking children what they can see in the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
(Picture 1 – pointing to Lulu’s cup) What colour is this?
(Picture 2 – pointing to Larry) What is Larry? etc
- Next, mime and say: Listen and look, Play the cassette/CD, Children listen and look at the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
Nanny: Oh, tea! How lovely!
Lulu: Look, Nanny I’m a queen My cup is red.
Larry: I’m a king! My cup is blue.
Nanny: Oh, how lovely!
Lulu: A green cup for Nanny…
Larry: And Chuckles?
Lulu: And a yellow cup for Chuckles!
Larry: Look at Chuckles!
Nanny: Now, Chuckles is a king!
- Explain the listening task. Point to the white cup and ask (looking puzzled): What colour is it? Red? Blue? Green? Yellow? Let’s listen. Play the cassette/CD. Children listen and colour the cup. Allow children some time to complete the task. Check children’s answers. (green)
- Play the dialogue again with pauses for children to listen and repeat. Check children’s pronunciation and intonation.
Extension: Hold up your book to the class. Say the dialogue and point to the pictures in turn. Repeat, this time inviting children to complete your sentences. e.g.
Teacher: Look, Nanny, I’m a…
Children: queen etc
Ending the lesson
- (An activity to revise the words from Unit 2a.)
Draw line sketches of cups and hand one to each child. Ask them to use one of the colours they’ve learned to colour them. Demonstrate this yourself first. Go around as the children do the activity, asking them what colour their cup is and providing any necessary help. As they leave they hand in their drawings. You can display them so that they can see them in the next lesson.
Sally: My cup is red.
Teacher: How lovely!
Открыть всю книгу