Aims: To offer and understand commands.
Pupil Language: Mummy – Daddy – cake – pink – sit down – stand up – clap your hands – yes – no – Here’s a (red) cake for you. – Thank you!
Teacher Language: What’s this? – What’s missing? – What colour is the girl’s cake?
Extra Materials: Flashcards (Unit 2) – Flashcards and picture cards (Mummy, Daddy, cake, pink, sit down, stand up, clap your hands).
Beginning the lesson
- Wait by the door and greet the children as they arrive.
- (An activity to revise the vocabulary from Unit 2.)
Hold up a flashcard from Unit 2 and partially cover it with a piece of paper. Invite children to guess what the item is.
- Song: Play the song My cup is blue… from Unit 2. Invite children to sing along.
Presentation & Practice
- Flashcards (Mummy, Daddy, cake, pink, sit down, stand up, clap your hands)
(Activities to present and practise the vocabulary of the lesson.)
Pin up the flashcards, one at a time, and say the appropriate words. Children repeat, chorally and individually. Ask children to take out their picture cards (Mummy, Daddy, cake, pink, sit down, stand up, clap your hands). Call out the items in random order. Children listen and hold up the corresponding picture card.
- Draw a large 12 on the board. Point to it, mime and say: Open your books at page twelve!