- (Listening comprehension activities)
Set the scene by asking children what they can see in the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
(Picture 1 – pointing to Larry) Where’s Larry?
(Picture 2 – pointing to Larry) Where are Larry’s pencils? etc
- Next, mime and say: Listen and look. Play the cassette/CD. Children listen and look at the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
All children: Hello, Miss Sweet!
Teacher: Hello, children. Get your books! Get your pencil case! Put them on your desk.
Teacher: Where’s your pencil, Larry?
Larry: It ’s in my pencil case, Miss Sweet!
Teacher: Where’s your pencil case?
Larry: It ’s in my schoolbag, Miss Sweet!
Teacher: And where’s your schoolbag, Larry?
Larry: It ’s on the bus, Miss!
- Explain the listening task. Point to the fourth picture and ask (looking puzzled): What’s missing? What is it? Let’s listen. Play the cassette/CD. Children listen and draw. Allow children time to complete the task. Check children’s answers. (schoolbag)
- Play the dialogue again with pauses for children to listen and repeat. Check children’s pronunciation and intonation.
Extension: Hold up your book to the class. Say the dialogue and point to the pictures in turn. Repeat, this time inviting children to complete your sentences.
Teacher: Hello children! Get your …
Children: books. etc
Ending the lesson
- (An activity to revise the words from Unit 5a.)
What’s in the bag?: Put some school items the children know in a bag. Ask a child to put his/her hand in it and feel an item. He/She says what it is and then takes it out of the bag. Ask the rest of the class for verification.
Открыть всю книгу