- (Listening comprehension activities)
Set the scene by asking children what they can see in the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
(Picture 1 – pointing to schoolbag) What’s this?
(Picture 2 – pointing to pencil case) What’s this? etc
- Next, mime and say: Listen and look. Play the cassette/CD. Children listen and look at the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
Nanny: Here’s your schoolbag, Larry!
Larry: Oh, thank you, Nanny!
Lulu: Look in your pencil case, Larry! How many
Larry: One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight,
nine, ten! Wow! Magic!
Lulu: Ha, ha! Look, Larry! Chuckles is in your
Larry: Oh, Chuckles, you are funny!
Larry: What’s this?
Lulu: It ’s a new pen! It’s red! It ’s for you, Larry!
Larry: Thank you, Chuckles!
- Explain the listening task. Point to the white pen and ask (looking puzzled): What colour is it? Red? Blue? Green? Yellow? Pink? Let’s listen. Play the cassette/CD. Children listen and colour the pen. Allow children some time to complete the task. Check children’s answers. (red)
- Play the dialogue again with pauses for children to listen and repeat. Check children’s pronunciation and intonation.
- Extension: Hold up your book to the class. Say the dialogue and point to the pictures in turn. Repeat, this time inviting children to complete your sentences.
Teacher: Here’s your …
Children: schoolbag. etc
Ending the lesson
- (An activity to revise the words in Unit 6a.)
Provide each child with a sheet of paper. Ask them to draw an outline of their hands on it and colour them in. Write the numbers 1-10 on the board. Ask children to write the numbers, in sequence above each finger. As they leave the class, ask them to show you their picture.
Открыть всю книгу