- (Listening comprehension activities)
Set the scene by asking children what they can see in the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
(Picture 2 – pointing to Sumeet) What’s Sumeet got?
(Picture 2 – pointing to doll) Has Lulu got a doll? etc
- Next, mime and say: Listen and look. Play the cassette/CD. Children listen and look at the pictures illustrating the dialogue.
Lulu: Look at my room, Sumeet!
Sumeet: Wow! You’ve got a lot of toys!
Lulu: Yes – I ’ve got a doll, a teddy bear, a ball and a green kite!
Sumeet: You’ve got a car too!
Sumeet: Have you got a TV, Lulu?
Lulu: A TV? No, I haven’t got a TV.
Sumeet: Larry, let ’s go to your room.
Larry: OK. Let’s go!
Lulu: Oh, Chuckles! I haven’t got a TV, but I’ve got you.
- Explain the listening task. Point to the white kite and ask (looking puzzled) What colour is it? Red, blue, green, yellow, pink? Let’s listen. Play the cassette/CD. Children listen and colour the kite. Allow children some time to complete the task. Check children’s answers. (green)
- Play the dialogue again with pauses for children to listen and repeat. Check children’s pronunciation and intonation.
- Extension: Hold up your book to the class. Say the dialogue and point to the pictures in turn. Repeat, this time inviting children to complete your sentences.
Teacher: Look at my …
Children: room. etc
Ending the lesson
- (An activity to revise the words from Unit 8a.)
Tell children to choose three of their picture cards (kite, ball, teddy bear, boat, doll, car). Ask each child: What have you got? Invite them to tell you.
Открыть всю книгу